Age of Rivals
Deep civilization-building strategy in a fast-paced card game!
There are many paths to victory in this competitive card drafting game featuring 12 unique characters and hundreds of cards ranging from great pyramids and war elephants to sneaky spies and crafty merchants.
- Google Play Indie Games Festival Finalist - Top Ten https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/09/announcing-winners-from-indie-games.html
- Playcrafting's 2017 Bit Awards - Best Mobile Game Nominee https://www.thebitawards.com/awards and https://techraptor.net/content/2017-bit-awards-announces-nominees
- CNET Best Mobile Games of 2017 #7 - https://www.cnet.com/pictures/best-mobile-games-of-2017/7/
- Pixelated Cardboard Best Non-Port of 2017 - http://www.pixelatedcardboard.com/best-board-game-apps-2017/
- TourchArcade's Best iPhone Games of 2017 - http://toucharcade.com/2017/12/22/best-iphone-games-of-2017-top-100-ios-buyers-guide/
You know those games where you spend 10 hours building up a huge civilization with a carefully balanced economy, military, culture and defense so you can prove that you are the greatest ruler ever? This is like a 10 minute version of that. With cards.
Age of Rivals was inspired by boardgames like 7 Wonders and Dominion and CCGs like Hearthstone. We designed it to be ideal for 2 players to play in 10 minutes, and we emphasized depth and replayability.
The anti-deck building CCG. Having only minimal control over your deck encourages endless variety in each game and puts the focus on in-the-moment tactical decision-making. You may go heavily offensive one game with an arsenal of war machines and in the next game find yourself emphasizing artistic achievement and burglary. It’s all about trying to put together clever card combinations to counter what you think your opponent might do.
Perfectly balance your city’s culture, military, defense and economy to outwit your opponent and win!
Premium Edition (Steam, iOS, Android)
- Available on PC/Mac ($9.99), iOS ($3.99) and Android ($3.99)
- No in-app purchases. The premium edition is like a board game that continues to expand itself as you play until all content is unlocked after a set number of games.
Free-to-Play Edition (Kongregate)
What is cool about Age of Rivals?
All the mechanical depth of a great strategy boardgame, but:
- Quick to play - no setup/cleanup, simultaneous turns
- Designed to fit on a single screen, large or small
- Designed for 2 players
All the tactical depth and replayability of a CCG, but:
- No deckbuilding required - design your strategy as you go
- Maximum variability - any card may show up in any game
- Streamlined interactions - clear choices with clear results
Who is Age of Rivals for?
- A strategy gamer to play with a more casual gamer. Your tactical decisions in the moment are more important than having a prior strategy.
- Board-game fans who want a quicker experience with no setup, cleanup, or rule tracking.
- CCG fans who just like trying to outwit an opponent more than they like building a deck, and who want every game to be surprising and have maximum variety.
- Fans of civilization-building games who like to try to balance the concepts of culture, economy, offense and defense, but want to do it in a distilled, 15 minute experience.
More Info"Why Did I Build Age of Rivals" Blog Post
FAQ, Forums, Support
Premium vs. Free to Play Editions