Age of Rivals Press Kit
2 player competitive civilization-building in a 10 minute card game.
Choose from hundreds of cards ranging from great pyramids and war elephants to sneaky spies and crafty merchants. Perfectly balance your city’s culture, military and economy to outwit your opponent and win!
The web edition of Age of Rivals can be played for free on Kongregate.com (with in-app purchases).
The PC/Mac edition of Age of Rivals can be purchased on Steam for $9.99.
- Play as 12 unique characters
- Unlock over 200 cards
- Ranked public matchmaking
- Private friend matches
- Alliances with other players
- Daily missions
All the mechanical depth of a great strategy boardgame, but:
- Quick to play - no setup/cleanup, simultaneous turns
- Designed to fit on a single screen, large or small
- Designed for 2 players
All the tactical depth and replayability of a CCG, but:
- No deckbuilding required - design your strategy as you go
- Maximum variability - any card may show up in any game
- Streamlined interactions - clear choices with clear results
- Why did I build Age of Rivals by Vijay Myneni
- Age of Rivals on Steam Greenlight
- Age of Rivals Launching on Kongregate soon
- Public Beta Announcement
- More Age of Rivals Blog Posts
PC/Mac Edition ($9.99)
- No in-app purchases in this edition. All cards and characters unlock at a fast pace just by playing the game.
- Challenge yourself with bonus DLC single-player content (pre-included in this edition).
Web Edition (Free-to-Play)
- Free-to-play with in-app purchases to unlock all cards and characters.
- Chat with other players alongside the game.
Logos & Icons
- "There are many ways to overcome another empire: economy, culture, espionage, religion, building great works, and war... there is always war. In Age of Rivals, war is beautiful." - 9/10 - Scorecery Review
- “Civilization and Settlers of Catan meets Magic” - 4/5 – OnRPG
- Ludokultur Review (German)
- Tesera.ru Review of Age of Rivals (Russian)
- Rubber Chicken Review of Age of Rivals (Portuguese)
- Vijay Myneni - Design and Programming
- Jojo Yang - Art and UI
- Curt Bererton
- Mathilde Pignol