The Conflict of Faith Update
Hey there! The Age of Rivals Blog has moved to www.darkinertia.com/blog!
A soldier’s death sets in motion events which may lead to the end of an age…
Age of Rivals’ next content update is here, featuring 18 new cards, new story/challenge levels, and several gameplay improvements. Read on for details.
The Conflict of Faith Campaign
The second campaign includes 6 new story/challenge levels vs. custom decks for Ziana, Theophilos and Nairi. Beating these levels will unlock 3 of the new cards.
The remaining 15 new cards can be obtained by spending coins. All 18 new cards:
- Barduk’s Bonewall - You bring the bodies and Barduk will build you the wall.
- Royal Academy - See the Moneylender for a student loan.
- Standard Bearer - Don’t mess with the mascot.
- Martyr - Sometimes death is only the beginning.
- Martial Law - Culture smulture...just attack!
- Acid Spitters - The sworn enemies of The Undying.
- Exotic Trinkets - Shells, beads, and the occasional dragon egg.
- Princess of Thieves - Her leadership will bring the underworld out of the shadows.
- The Sentinels - No shenanigans on their watch.
- Eternal Gardens - A whole grove of giving trees.
- Faithless Bannermen - Your earliest allies are not always your most reliable allies.
- Exotic Expedition - Riches beyond compare...if they ever make it back.
- Smoke and Mirrors - It’s not a trick..it’s an illusion!
- Monolith - A mysterious construction for anyone confused by the damage splitting rules.
- Stone Table - Broken - When the table cracks, death itself begins working backwards.
- Scavengers - Waste not, want not.
- Sacred Relic - An artifact that should never have been uncovered.
- Open Borders - Keep the big door open...everyone will come around.
- Graverobber Baron can now only steal a maximum of 2 coins per turn instead of 2 coins per Ruins drawn
- Sun’s Sisters now gives bonus culture based on ruined card’s attack, and cost increased by 1
- War Drums ability reprogrammed to work more reliably
- Myrmidons cost reduced by 1
- Conquistadors attack increased by 1
- Assacani attack reduced by 1
- Both players are guaranteed to draw at least one Economic card during every draft in Round 1
- Guaranteed cards will no longer ever show up in the very first draft
- Early phase guaranteed cards may now draw during any draft in Round 1 (instead of just the first 2 drafts)
This update also includes several bug fixes. I hope you enjoy the new content!